After a week of deliberation, and quite a few pattern purchases, I thought I had settled on a pattern. I bought some extra fabrics and got to it. After a few test blocks, I thought I was ready. I started to make strip sets–cutting into some very precious fabrics and sewing up a storm.
And then I cut into them to make the blocks.
And all was well. But, on block number 6 of …lots, I started to think that I didn’t like it. So I panicked, looked for new patterns, and eventually resigned myself to the idea that I may have no idea what I’m doing.
But now, I have found a new pattern. I’m going to give the disappearing four patch a try. Let’s hope it treats me better.